The Lean White Belt certificate workshop is a one-day course designed to give public servants an introduction to the fundamentals of Lean process improvement, continuous improvement and innovation for government.
The course is for:
- leaders who wish to learn more about Lean to decide whether to start a Lean transformation in their organization
- teams and individuals who want to understand Lean and how to use in their own work and,
- individuals who have recently joined an organization in the midst of a Lean transformation, to catch up and understand how Lean works
Graduates of the program will have an understanding of what Lean is, how it works in government and basic Lean tools and techniques to remove non-value added work and reduce frustrations.
- What is Lean?
- How does it apply to government?
- What is value stream mapping?
- How to identify and eliminate interruptions to flow and waste (the 8 Lean Wastes)
- The impact of variation and overwhelm and how to address them
- Lean tools and techniques (applied in an interactive simulation) including error-proofing, standard work, visual management
- Using the Plan-Do-Check-Adjust cycle to conduct experiments in order to learn and improve
- Practical ways to make Lean, continuous improvement and innovation a normal part of the work
- The people side of Lean
- How to build support for a Lean transformation and how to get started